The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following full-time position with effect from May 1, 2021:
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in general building maintenance.
- Certification in construction, plumbing, air conditioning, electrical installation, masonry, carpentry or joinery would be considered an asset.
To perform routine maintenance and repairs to all College buildings. To provide oversight of the custodial staff. To assist with managing college projects.
- Prepare and implement a maintenance plan for the upkeep of college facilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaise with and monitor contractors performing maintenance and repairs to college facilities
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on maintenance requests
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures and maintenance/repairs performed
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance and repairs and resolve them in a timely manner
- Receive maintenance and repair requests from staff and obtain quotations from vendors
- Lead the Workshop/Maintenance technicians with general maintenance and repairs
- Provide supervisory oversight for maintenance and custodial staff
- Any other related duties requested by the President.
Applications from qualified applicants should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Police Record
- Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
- Two references with telephone and e-mail addresses
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
All application documents should be scanned and submitted as one email file to:
and addressed to
The Chairman of the Board
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College,
P.O. Box 268, Burdon Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 31, 2021. Late applications will not be acknowledged.