Basseterre, St. Kitts, August 17, 2021 (SKNIS): Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Mr. William Vincent Hodge, said that a winner had been chosen by the Cabinet in the Independence Theme Competition that was launched by the Ministry of Education a few weeks ago.
However, he said that until the winner is notified only then will the winning theme be released to the general public.
“The schools’ independence sub-committee that was charged with the responsibility of verifying submissions met and we reviewed and shortlisted six (6) possible themes that were then submitted to Cabinet. Cabinet has deliberated and has informed of the winning entry. At this point it is my pleasure to reach out to the winner by telephone and have a conversation with him informing him that he has won,” said Permanent Secretary Hodge.
Mr. Hodge indicated that one hundred and fifty (150) submissions from seventy-five (75) to eighty (80) individuals were made at the time of the deadline for submissions.
The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis will be celebrating its 38th Independence Anniversary on September 19.
Wednesday, August 19
Trending
- Summer Camps to introduce the Sustainable Island State Agenda held in Taiwan
- Back-to-School Voucher Brings Timely Relief and Greater Peace of Mind to Families Ahead of New School Year
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Debuts at I Am Caribbeing Open Streets in Little Caribbean
- Four Kittitian Cricketers Selected For CWI Under-19 Women’s High Performance Camp Ahead of 2027 World Cup
- Drew- Led Government Continues Practical Interventions to Ease Cost-of-Living Pressures on Families
- UNFPA Note Verbale – Recruitment of Director, Independent Evaluation Office (Job Vacancy)
- Government Launches 2026 Back-to-School Voucher for Every Eligible Child as Cost-of-Living Support Continues
- Emmy Award-Winning Journalist Jego Armstrong Announced as Featured Lecturer for 28 th PrimeMinister’s Independence Lecture Series

