|Ministry of Information, Communications, Technology and Posts
|Job Title: Administrative Assistant
|Work Location: National ICT Center, C.A.P. Southwell Industrial Site
|Division/Department: Digital Transformation Unit / Department of Technology
|Reports to: Chief Digital Transformation Officer
|[✓] Full-time [ ] Part-time
|Description of Post: • The administrative assistant would be required to provide administrative support to the staff at the Digital Transformation Unit. The function is to mainly contribute to the overall efficiency of the unit.
|Duties and Responsibilities
• Exercise sound judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
• Coordinate and manage schedules, i.e. avoiding clashes with other appointments
• Organize meetings
• Prepare agendas, take minutes of meetings and circulate to members
• Draft letters, memos and proposals and proofread documents
• Log incoming and outgoing mail • Assist with the organizing, planning and delivery of special events.
• Maintain accurate records and files for easy retrieval
• Answers telephone, screen calls, routes calls and responds to internal and external enquiries
• Assist with budgeting, prepare requisitions and order supplies
• Prepare monthly reports
• Manage vendor or service provider list
• Any other duty that may be assigned.
Skills and Competencies
• Unwavering commitment to ethical conduct and integrity in all their dealings
• Ability to function in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Exercises a high level of professionalism when interacting with stakeholders
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work autonomously or as a member of a team
• Strong decision-making abilities, even under high-pressure situations
|Education and/or Experience: The Applicant must have the following skills:
|• At least 5 years in administrative role for senior managers
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
• Competent in the use of various types of office equipment
• A degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field would be an asset.
• Strong organizational skills
|Salary: K28 – K32 (49,304 – $57,228) per annum The deadline for the receipt of application is December 27th, 2023.
Please send applications to:
Ministry of Information, Communication, Technology and Posts
P O BOX 186,
NATIONAL ICT CENTER, #3 C. A. PAUL SOUTHWELL INDUSTRIAL SITE
BASSETERRE, SAINT KITTS