Basseterre, St. Kitts, January 13, 2021 (SKNIS): The Team Unity Cabinet of Ministers met on Monday, January 11, 2021, at the Ministry of Finance Conference Room, under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris. Several issues affecting the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis were deliberated on.
- Cabinet was advised of the usual statistics locally, regionally, and globally on the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Commissioner of Police gave an update to the Cabinet on the crime statistics. He reported that there is a 32 percent decline in crime for the same period last year, and that preparation is being made to train more persons in the security aspects of quarantine.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of St. Christopher Air and Sea Ports Authority (SCASPA) informed the Cabinet on the statistics relating to the movement of cargo into the Federation and stated that due to the COVID-19 global pandemic the tonnage transported by air into the Federation had decreased by 14 percent and by sea 20 percent.
- Cabinet was informed that the rollout for the COVID-19 monitoring app is ready and will soon be employed to track and trace persons in quarantine and isolation.
- The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) gave an update to the Cabinet on the medical report of the student from the Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine who was attacked by a shark.
- Cabinet approved submissions that will incentivize business and stimulate economic activity in the Federation.