Please note that the deadline has been extended to Friday, January 19, 2024.
The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Manager at Vehicle Maintenance Division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, scheduling, and overseeing the work of all vehicle maintenance and support staff in performing preventive and maintenance repairs of all vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate work and conduct performance evaluations, counselors’ employees on matters of exceptional and deficient performance and work behavior.
- Conduct group meetings to discuss goals, facilitate communication, and resolve problems within the workplace.
- Ensure the provision of adequate vehicles and equipment to meet operating and maintenance needs.
- Manage the repair and maintenance activities of all vehicles.
- Monitor repair procedures and documentation to ensure safe and effective repairs are accomplished.
- Determine needs and procure the appropriate tools, equipment, supplies and training necessary for shop operations.
- Provide quality assurance upon completion of requested repairs. Review repairs on vehicles and ensure repairs are correctly stated on work orders and filed for historical data.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are developed, undated and followed. Ensure shop safety rules are followed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive Engineering
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Ability to handle conflict in a mature manner with the aim of reaching a speedy resolution.
- Communicates well through written and verbal modes.
- Has a demonstrated capacity for analysis and critical thinking.
- Is an independent thinker.
- Has an interest/experience in experimentation and problem solving within defined constraints.
- Works well on teams of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Has a hunger for learning and overcoming challenges.
- Is highly self-motivated and possesses an exceptional work ethic.
Salary: K33-K36 ($59,340-$66,660) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
Letter of Application
Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Or hand deliver your application to
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities; Domestic Transport
Water Services Department
Needsmust, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is 19 January, 2024.