BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – The Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC®) wishes to advise that the
Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination® (CAPE®), Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate®
(CSEC®) and Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence® (CCLSC®) examinations will be
administered in their original format; that is, for CAPE® and CSEC® Papers 01, 02 and 031/School-
Based Assessments (SBAs) or Paper 032 for private candidates, and for CCSLC®, Papers 01 and
031/School-Based Assessments. CXC® will maintain the strategy of 100% SBA moderation across all
centres, for all subjects in 2022.
Examination dates are as follows:
• May/June CAPE® examinations: 2 May – 10 June 2022
• May/June CSEC®: 2 May – 3 June 2022;
• CCSLC® examinations: 6 – 9 June 2022; and
• CPEA® examinations: 27 – 28 May 2022.
Caribbean Vocational Qualification* (CVQ*) assessment will be conducted between May and July
- Dates will be determined by individual participating territories.
Official timetables are available at www.cxc.org/download-timetables.
CXC® has once again put concessions in place to support students in light of the ongoing COVID-19
pandemic. These include:
• School Based Assessments (SBAs) – The reductions to SBA Requirements made in 2021, as
much as 50 per cent in some subjects, were maintained.
• Option to Defer – The deferral strategy has been extended for use any time prior to the
administration of a subject. Candidates will be able to defer to January or June 2023,
whenever the subject is administered.
As we look ahead to 2023, CXC® continues to work with regional Ministries of Education on its digital
transformation strategy. Plans are currently underway to begin administering all Paper 01
examinations electronically in 2023.
Students may visit www.cxc.org/student-central for all official news and updates from CXC®.