16th February 2022
The Press Secretary will be responsible for improving the Office of the Prime Minister’s external communications, and particularly for generating media coverage in St. Kitts and Nevis and in the regional and international media. He/she will also be responsible for developing improved communication channels and providing quality information to the General Public.
- Produce and/or review print and broadcast media materials on the Office of the Prime Minister’s concerns and activities, specifically, writing press releases and other materials for the media, write/edit print materials for immediate and planned release.
- Organize media events, including Press Conferences.
- Carry out a range of media activities in relation to selected areas of the Office of the Prime Minister.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journalism, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, to provide appropriate responses when necessary.
- Write and edit speeches, articles and annual reports.
- Devise photo opportunities and coordinate studio or location photography.
- Manage the Public Relation aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Post graduate degree in Journalism/ Communication. Post graduate degrees in Public Policy and Administration, Political Science and Sociology will also be considered.
Fluency in other languages will be a major asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with staff, external agencies and the general public.
Negotiable, based on experience, training and qualifications
Working hours are frequently longer due to the demands of the workload. As deadlines are important, it may be necessary to work until outstanding jobs have been completed.
Kindly submit all applications to the Office of the Cabinet Secretary. Deadline for receipt of applications is 17th March, 2022.