The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating
the development and recommendation of policies, programmes, procedures and strategies to
advance the administration of the Human Resources Management functions at IMPACS;
Coordinating and implementing the strategic plan for the Human Resources Department;
Organizing and coordinating the work activities.
He/she will report to the Assistant Director, Strategic Services and supervise the staff of the
Human Resources Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and implements the strategic plan, budget work programmes of the Department.
• Develops and implements the Agency’s HR policies and procedures, programmes, and
• Organizes and coordinates the review, analysis and evaluation of HR policies, programmes
and guidelines, related legislation and systems and programmes within the relevant functional
areas and makes recommendations to Executive and Management where necessary.
• Provides policy interpretation and advice on HR policies, procedures, guidelines or on any HR
problems likely to arise.
• Ensures that HR policies, programmes and procedures are implemented equitably among
Departments and across the Centres.
• Assesses the progress of HR assignments and devises strategies to ensure the timely delivery
• Prepares and delivers lectures/training on subjects pertinent to HR within the Agency.
• Oversees and ensures that all HR statistical data and employee records and information
stored physically and electronically are accurate, up-to-date, and treated in the strictest of
• Manages and coordinates recruitment and selection activities such as writing and placing
advertisements, scheduling candidates for telephone interviews, evaluations, panel
interviews, polygraphs and medicals, preparing interview booklets.
• Assists Legal in the formulation, revision and issuing of contracts.
• Designs and conducts all staff onboarding programmes and activities.
• Manages and coordinates the performance management process and ensures that all
probationary and annual reports are submitted in a timely and efficient manner.
• Manages and coordinates all grievance matters serving as the liaison between the Executive,
Management and staff.
• Works closely with the Executive, Management and staff to build morale and improve work
• Leads organizational development and change management plans and programmes.
• Oversees, implements and manages the Agency’s benefits administration systems.
• Manages and coordinates the separation process which includes conducting exit interviews,
the preparation of notices and other related documentation.
• Maintains liaisons with other senior professionals and external bodies in the field to keep
abreast of current HR trends.
• Prepares various reports as required.
• Undertakes other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time,
appropriate to the grade of the post.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field from a recognized
University or Institution
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies or related field from a recognized University or
Institution or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
• At least ten (10) years’ experience with increasing responsibility within the Management field.
• Extensive knowledge of HR information systems.
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of Human Resources
• Extensive knowledge of legislation, laws and regulations relating to Human Resources
Management and Industrial Relations.
• Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Senior Certified Professional (SCP)
would be an asset.
• Considerable knowledge of, and ability to use, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and
• Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work and function in a fast paced and high-
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to mentor, motivate and empower a team.
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
The Human Resources Manager will be based at IMPACS’ Headquarters, in Trinidad and
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be received by CARICOM IMPACS no later than 16 SEPTEMBER 2022
and must include nationality, work experience, educational qualifications, summary of
professional skills, the contact information of three (3) references (at least two of whom are
familiar with your work or education), and other relevant information via any of the following:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
• Mail: The Executive Director PO BOX 4585 PORT-OF-SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
CARICOM IMPACS would like to thank all persons for applying and expressing their
interest to work at the Agency, however, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted