The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Cabinet Secretariat wishes to invite persons to apply for the position of Policy and Research Analyst on a full-time basis.
A. Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and present to the Cabinet Secretary, policy briefs on priority topics identified by the Cabinet
- Participate in cross-sector meetings related to key issues identified by the Cabinet
- Develop and maintain a database of policy professionals and their key discipline areas to provide
advice on policy recommendations
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of Cabinet Decisions
- Coordinate cross-ministry policy development to support and ensure the successful
implementation of the Government’s strategic objectives
- Participate in regional and international meetings that enhance understanding of policy
development, implementation and monitoring
- Effectively use regional and international metrics and best practices to guide policy development,
implementation and monitoring
- Draft reports, policy briefs, one pagers and other communications materials that articulate policy
- Provide administrative support to the Cabinet Secretariat and Cabinet Committees, where
- Perform and assist with any other duties assigned by the Cabinet Secretary
B. Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, social science, or other related field.
- Graduate degree a plus.
C. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Strong organisational analysis, issue analysis, problem solving skills
- Advanced skills in written and oral communications
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
D. Salary and Allowances
- Basic Salary:K33-K38/K39-K41 (EC$59,340 – EC$83,292per annum)
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
E. Application Procedure
- Applications along with two written references and certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications should be addressed to the captioned Human Resource Management Department and copied by email to email@example.com.
- The deadline for receipt of applications will be Friday December 30, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be notified and shortlisted for
interview on or before January 13, 2023.