|Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology & Posts VACANCY|
|Job Title: Director|
|Work Location: National ICT Center, C.A.P. Southwell Industrial Site|
|Division/Department: Department of Technology|
|Reports to: Permanent Secretary|
|[✓] Full-time [ ] Part-time|
|Duties and Responsibilities |
1. To be responsible for the daily operations of the Department, including the management of staff and the monitoring of all programs and projects.
2. To develop and advise on the development of programs and projects in line with the Ministry’s wider strategic objectives and to be responsible for the overall monitoring and evaluation of the Department’s various programs, policies and projects.
3. To propose and assist in the development of policies in line with the Ministry’s wider strategic objectives.
4. Provide leadership in the implementation of the various programs and projects of the Department as well as identifying and preparing new projects/programs profiles in line with the Ministry’s wider strategic objectives.
5. To provide supervision of all staff including technical experts, such as software engineers, network specialists and system administrators.
6. To oversee the planning and execution of strategic activities in Technology and Innovation.
7. Identify opportunities for staff training, team development and capacity-building as well as organizing training seminars and workshops.
8. Continuous collaboration with all stakeholders to complete various Projects.
9. Provide support in the preparation of the Ministry’s yearly Budget Expenditure including development of objectives and indicators for assessing all projects.
10. Assist in preparing briefs for senior management, to ensure that the technical input by the Ministry at various international, regional and local meetings is of the highest quality.
11. When necessary, participate in various local, regional and international meetings, and workshops to ensure that the interests of the Ministry are adequately represented.
12. Collaborate and network with local, regional, and international agencies.
13. Develop mechanisms for regular monitoring and reporting of department activities, plans and projects to the permanent secretary.
14. Provide operational and technical leadership in all related matters which the Permanent Secretary may from time to time direct or request.
|Education and/or Experience: |
The Director must have:
1. A relevant bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other Technology related field. A master’s degree in a related field will be a great asset.
2. At least 3 years of work experience in the Technological field.
3. At least 5 years in a management/ supervision and policy development position.
4. Experience in business development and strategic planning.
5. Sound command of the English language – verbal and written.
6. Exceptional knowledge and skills in network design and deployment.
7. Interpersonal skills and aptitude to coordinate efforts among diverse groups of technological experts.
8. Experience in business development and strategic planning.
9. Ability to lead in the management of Data center including knowledge on the security, integrity and safety of data center servers and equipment.
10. Extensive knowledge of new and emerging technological advancements.
11. Strong Project Management skills
|Required Attributes |
The Director must:
1. Be able to apply quality management principles and processes, particularly in a fast-paced working environment.
2. Can work effectively, confidentially and confidently with all stakeholders, partners and other government departments.
3. Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service to the public.
4. Be able to negotiate major contracts and agreements with vendors for the provision of services and development of projects.
5. Be able to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given with prescribed routines, and standardized accepted practices.
6. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff and stakeholders and to represent the Ministry to the highest standard;
7. Apply best practices in computer literacy, financial literacy, business development, risk assessment and value creation.
8. Be able to think outside of the box and develop innovative approaches to the work of the Department.
9. Have strong computer and digital proficiency.
|Salary: K44 ($96,564) per annum |
Leave: Twenty-seven (27) working days per annum
The deadline for the receipt of application is June 5th 2023
|Application Process: |
1. A cover letter
2. A copy of your CV, including references
Please send applications to:
Permanent Secretary Ministry of Information, Communications, and Technology
P O BOX 186,
NATIONAL ICT CENTER, #3 C. A. PAUL SOUTHWELL INDUSTRIAL SITE BASSETERRE, SAINT KITTS