The GOSKN is seeking to contract a Field Officer to work with ELEVATE trainees and assist the Project Coordinator in coordinating and monitoring the implementation of all elements of ELEVATE. The Field Officer is a professionally trained individual with a background in social development who will be responsible for all aspects pertaining to the field requirements of the programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising between the training institutions, relevant ministries, and beneficiaries of the programme.
- The coordination and monitoring of training delivered to programme participants.
- Preparing work plans for the implementation of each training round to ensure the smooth implementation of programme activities.
- Conduct field visits to training centers and any other relevant programme intervention areas as needed, for the purpose of assessing training delivered.
- Receive feedback from internship placement sites through an established form.
- Regularly monitor and report on the attendance and participation of trainees to ensure that the
progress of training activities is in line with agreed targets and internal procedures.
- Ensure that non-attendance or lack of progress of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Liaise with trainees, employers, curriculum teams, and Quality Improvement team to ensure quality of provision.
- Provide associated administrative support, inclusive to (but not limited to) compiling agendas as well as taking and distributing meeting notes as needed.
- Communicate any grievances from participants as well as any irregularities in training delivery to the ELEVATE Project Coordinator.
- Participate in all meetings as required by the ELEVATE Project Coordinator.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- A first degree in the social sciences, specifically, community/social development, sociology, or project management is preferred.
- Associate degrees in a relevant area will be considered.
- At least three (3) years of experience in supporting projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated Computer literacy –excel, word, PowerPoint, and experience in
working with PC-based equipment.
- Ability to present outputs that demonstrate experience in preparing reports.
- Ability to work independently and reached for all cases.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for the purpose of conducting field visits.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts, and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses
and should be addressed to:
Deadline: August 21, 2023