The St. Kitts Tourism Authority (SKTA) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The St. Kitts Tourism Authority wishes to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will provide strategic leadership to the organization and strengthen its position as a forward-thinking, globally active brand as a premier travel destination. The incumbent is accountable for the strategic plan, direction, leadership, and overall success, including oversight of the effective delivery of outputs and results of the SKTA, with strong passion, inspiration, and commitment to the role. The incumbent is also responsible for leading a strong and competent Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Optimize visitor arrivals and guest expenditure from existing and emerging markets. • Maintain and diversify key public-private sector stakeholder partnerships.
• Assist with the implementation of the tourism policy and strategy of the Ministry of Tourism, Ports & Transport.
• Takes a proactive role in the formulation of future strategic short and long-term objectives, setting challenging and ambitious targets.
• To lead the management team in shaping and executing the strategies and programs of the SKTA. • To oversee the strategic and budgetary planning process and submit plans on a timely basis. • To Pursue meaningful opportunities while mitigating risks.
• To advise the Board of Directors on required policy areas and submit timely reports on work programs and their KPIs, as may be directed.
• Responsible for the communication of accurate and timely information to the Board through regular monthly reports and on matters of importance as they arise, including current major operational issues.
• Overall responsibility for the financial performance, sustainability, return on investment, and continuous improvement of the SKTA.
• Exercise oversight of the financial controls and budgetary management of the SKTA and its programs within financial targets approved by the Board.
• Has oversight for all crisis management planning and business continuity procedures, working closely with Management.
• Oversight of initiatives that improve and maximize efficiency and make best use of resources. • Responsible for the creation and effective implementation of new projects, programs, and activities aligned to the SKTA’s vision and mission.
• Establishes, maintains, and grows effective strategic, collaborative, and cooperative relationships with local, regional, and international stakeholders by consulting with the private and public sectors, regional institutions, airlines, and cruise lines.
• Responsible for overseeing product development with key performance results. • Ensures appropriate communication and public relations programs are in place to facilitate communication with key stakeholders.
• Takes a flexible and adaptive leadership approach to inspire confidence in all internal and external stakeholders by demonstrating tenacity, humility, autonomy, and collaboration skills needed to advance the SKTA.
• Provides clear, visible, and authentic leadership to create and foster a supportive and ethical working environment that promotes collaboration, accountability, innovation, creativity, learning, and development to inspire and motivate employees.
• Implement and maintain a robust data processing and analysis program.
• Oversees the organizational structure of the SKTA ensuring it functions effectively and strategically contributes to optimal organization efficiency and recommends changes where necessary. • Ensures that Management is achieving their specific objectives through a performance management system, and is part of a collegial, cohesive team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Tourism, Management, Marketing, International Relations, or other relevant fields;
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working at a senior/executive management level, leading a team of at least 15+ employees and significant revenues of $3-5 million annually in a multifaceted business.
• Fluency in English is required. Language skills in Spanish, French, or Dutch are an asset. • Extensive experience in strategic planning and hospitality or tourism development. • Extensive experience in forging beneficial partnerships with regional and international stakeholders.
• Proven experience and positive track record in collaborating and building relationships with intergovernmental bodies, senior government representatives, and civil society.
• Substantial experience in developing and implementing innovative measures in relation to tourism competitiveness at the national, regional, or international level.
• Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
Application Deadline Interested persons should apply by Friday 15h December 2023 by forwarding their resume accompanied by a cover letter, two (2) references, and certified copies of qualifications and academic records to the Chairperson, Board of Directors, St. Kitts Tourism Authority, Pelican Mall, Bay Road, Basseterre or at email@example.com