The Human Resource Management Department on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture wishes to invite suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operations at the Marketing Unit in a manner that will increase the penetration of farmer’s produce to the supermarkets, restaurants, and hotels both locally and regionally, thus contributing to increase food and nutrition security and increased farmer earnings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market surveys.
- Generate awareness and demand for products and services.
- Designing and evaluating marketing campaigns.
- Conducting market research to find opportunities both locally and regionally.
- Analyze market trends.
- Collaborate with the communications unit to direct social media engagement strategies.
- Implementation of a HACCP program from farm to market.
- Set standards for farm produce marketed through the unit.
- Generate reports quarterly and annual reports.
- Contribute towards development strategies and implementation.
- Create projects for the advancement of the unit.
- Develop and update the budget for the marketing unit.
- Organize departmental workshops aimed at improving the skill and knowledge of staff and farmers in marketing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- MUST have a degree in marketing.
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing role.
- Public speaking, promoting products and services.
- Experience in Agriculture will be an advantage.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Knowledge & Skills:
In addition to the requirements above, the post holder must have the following skills:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to conduct research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Must have a driver’s license.
Salary: (K33- K40) ($59,340- $79,668) per annum
Applications must be accompanied by:
· Letter of Application
· Curriculum Vitae
· Police Record
· Official academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents (certified copies)
· Two (2) references with telephone and e-mail addresses and should be addressed to:
Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Marine Resources and Cooperatives
3rd Floor, Government Headquarters, Church Street, Basseterre, St. Kitts
The deadline for receipt of applications is
March 31, 2023